OBSTETRICIANS and MIDWIVES
Thank you for learning more about public banking and the Victoria Angel Registry of Hope. We hope that you may refer your patients to our public bank.
Many criteria are examined to determine acceptance to the program. Both Mother and Father must complete all forms.
ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA are reviewed by our medical personnel:
Victoria Angel Registry of Hope is a charitable charitable organization that accepts donated samples from pregnant Canadian parents.
Samples that meet world-wide standards for public banking are processed, stored, and HLA typed. All non-conforming samples are directed toward research projects.
If you require cord blood samples for research projects, please contact us at 1 888 868 0888 to discuss further.
- Victoria Angel Registry of Hope is a charitable organization that accepts donated samples from pregnant Canadian parents.
- Samples that meet world-wide standards for public banking are processed, stored, and HLA typed. All non-conforming samples are directed toward research projects.
- Samples are processed in an AABB and FACT-accredited cord blood laboratory owned and operated by Cells for Life Cord Blood Institute. The laboratory is located at Toronto General Hospital. Cells for Life is one of Canada’s oldest (since 1997), experienced (over 35,000 samples) and most-respected cord blood companies. Six Cells for life samples have been released to Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) for medical treatment.
- Currently, samples are HLA typed and ready for transplant. HLA types are listed on our internal database.
- It is our mandate to release samples for medical use to Canadian transplant centres at a lower cost as a service our citizens.* Samples released to international centres are released as per current pricing guidelines used by public cord blood banks.
To Request a Sample for Medical Use:
If you require a sample, provide the following information by email. Our Scientific/ Medical Directors will check our inventory of samples and will respond quickly to your request.
- HLA Typing information as required for matching purposes
- Transplant Facility Name, address
- Transplant physician/ requesting Physician’s name, phone, address, and email contact information
*Shipping charges apply.